Letters to the Editor for Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017
November 22, 2017
A city that cares
Matthew and his family are very happy to tell everyone that Matthew's trike has been returned. It was found by a good Samaritan who contacted us and even brought the trike to us.
The theft was an unkind and thoughtless act. Carson City's response was … amazing.
Hundreds of people cared, shared and offered help. It has truly been heartwarming and very much appreciated. Thank you all so much. We are a city that cares and that steps up for its people.
We have the whole community to thank. We can't name all of you (thousands of Facebook posts and tweets), but we can name some.
First and foremost, the kind person who found and returned the trike. Then, so many community organizations, agencies and businesses: Muscle Powered, the Carson City Sheriff's Office, Carson City Parks and Recreation, the Bike Smith, the Carson Mall, the Nevada Appeal, Teri Vance, and many others who put up the missing trike poster online, in the paper and on TV and radio news.
Recommended Stories For You
It's the holiday season — let's all take a moment to look around for those less fortunate than us and lend a hand. As the stolen and returned trike shows, we are a city that cares.
Matthew Ingbar and family
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand