Letters to the editor for Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014
December 15, 2014
Let's audit road funds
Dear Mayor Crowell and Board of Supervisors,
In regards to Sheriff McGrath questioning where the money is for our roads that we have been taxed for more than 10 years, enough with the discussions. You have had 10 years to discuss the money that has been diverted into every type of development fund except road work funds.
Let's get an out-of-state auditor to audit the city's tax dollars and where our money is being distributed to in the last 10 years concerning this road tax. Then that would end all discussions on the matter and would be worth any tax dollars spent to know where the money went.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand