Letters to the editor for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013
December 31, 2013
Thanks for expressing the true meaning of Christmas
A heart-filled thanks for your cartoon on Christmas Day, "Happy Birthday, Son." It's nice to know that nothing stops you from expressing the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you, Nevada Appeal.
Fear leads to hate and halts healing and forgiveneness
"In the end, only kindness matters …" words from a song, but containing deep truth.
Recommended Stories For You
I seem to be getting more emails and "news" telling me to hate and fear (fear Muslims, fear Obamacare, etc). Fear leads to hate, fear leads to violence, and fear blocks healing and forgiveness.
The most repeated phrase in the Gospels is "Be not afraid," but we seem obsessed with promoting it. Kindness will make the community a better place and each of us more joy-filled. Jesus' alternative to fear is love … love for one another, and even love for our enemy.
"In the end, only kindness matters."
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders