Letters to the editor for Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014
November 24, 2014
Keep the new city center simple
With regards to improving Carson City's tourist industry, what's all the fuss about? You either improve the city's historical atmosphere in the tourist shopping area, or you go with the cosmopolitan look and feel, which best represents the city's past and present position.
The latest artist rendering depicting a cosmopolitan lounging and shopping atmosphere will probably resonate better with the tourists anyway. However, putting bicycles right in the middle of a new lounging and shopping atmosphere might not be the best use of that rather expensive thoroughfare.
Regarding the tourists' ability to navigate their way around the new city center, make it a simple and unforgettable experience! As for property values, there will always be those who want or have to be close to everything.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’