Letters to the editor for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
July 25, 2017
Planned Parenthood can sustain without government support
We are being bombarded with radio and TV ads predicting dire consequences for the future of Planned Parenthood.
According to these doom sayers, the Republicans will destroy that organization if it doesn't get copious amounts of federal money — aka, your and my taxes.
The fact is, Planned Parenthood doesn't need a government subsidy. It gets plenty of money from other sources.
Furthermore, it donated several million dollars to various Democrat politicians last year who were trying to get elected or re-elected. Looks like Democrats never heard of truth in advertising.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School