Letters to the Editor for Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017
November 28, 2017
An ailing American needs antidote
America is sick. Consider the symptoms: We have as president, a man not elected by the popular vote but rather appointed by the electoral college, an anachronistic institution that should have gone the way of the horse and buggy.
We have, posing as leader of the Free World, a narcissistic buffoon who thinks that everything that comes out of his mouth is true, or soon will be ("If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it," said Joseph Goebbels); a man who has difficulty verbalizing more than five words in a row to form a legitimate sentence; a man willing to make unfulfillable promises as long as it gives him a temporary advantage; a man quick to condemn political foes for alleged unsavory behavior of which he himself is suspect. And is this not just the tip of the iceberg?
This president is an embarrassment to the United States worldwide and an insult to the legacies of George Washington ("Father of Our Country"); Abraham Lincoln ("Savior of the Union"); and Franklin Roosevelt ("Savior of the Entire World!").
America truly is sick! One may only hope that "Dr." Mueller is now formulating a prescription that will provide a cure before it's too late.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy