Man arrested in rape of girl
August 28, 2002
A Carson City man was arrested Monday for allegedly raping a 14-year-old neighbor girl.
Fidel Arreguin, 18, a casino worker, was arrested at 6:50 p.m. by detectives for suspicion of felony rape of a child younger than 16.
According to police reports, the girl was in her home playing with a male relative of Arreguin’s at about 3:30 p.m. Monday when the youth entered the home through the garage.
Police said Arreguin then took both children into the bathroom of the home where he sodomized the girl.
When a neighbor knocked on the front door, both Arreguin and the relative ran out the back, police reported.
He is in jail with his bail set at $100,000.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature