Meth lab shut down in Lockwood
May 11, 2002
A Lockwood man was arraigned Friday in Storey County Justice Court on charges he manufactured a controlled substance.
Gerald Smith was booked into the Storey County Jail on Tuesday. Bail was set at $47,500.
An 11-month investigation into the report of a possible methamphetamine lab in the Lockwood area lead to the Smith’s arrest.
Chemicals used in manufacturing and paraphernalia used in the production of methamphetamine were allegedly found at Smith’s home on Tuesday, in addition to a number of lost or stolen credit cards.
He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of credit cards without the consent of the owner.
The Tri-Net Narcotics Task Force comprises members of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Lyon County Sheriff’s Office, Carson City Sheriff’s Office and the Dept. of Public Safety, Investigation Division.
Recommended Stories For You
Citizens are encouraged to report drug information or activity to Tri-Net by calling 687-1658.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’