NDOW accepting conservation award nominations | NevadaAppeal.com

NDOW accepting conservation award nominations

The Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners is seeking nominations for the 2006 Wayne E. Kirch Nevada Wildlife Conservation Award.

The award is given annually to those who have demonstrated significant results towards conservation, management or enhancement of wildlife.

Individuals, nonprofit organizations, outdoor sports clubs or businesses can be nominated.

This award is named in memory of the late Wayne E. Kirch, who served on the Fish and Game Commission for more than 25 years. Nominations must be received by Nov. 15.

For information, visit http://www.ndow.org.

National Depression Screening Day slated for Thursday

Free mental health assessments are being held at hospitals, mental health centers, and colleges nationwide as part of National Depression Screening Day on Thursday.

Military families and service members can also access an anonymous online self-assessment available all hours through the Department of Defense.

To find locations of free screenings or to access the military program, visit http://www.mentalhealthscreening.org.

Carson City

Tickets still available for medallion raffle

The Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare Auxiliary has tickets available for a raffle of a medallion honoring Gov. Kenny Guinn, only 10 of which were produced.

The drawing will be held on Oct. 31, Nevada Day, at the Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center. For information, call 445-5142.

RPEN to meet today

The Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada (RPEN) will meet at 2 p.m. today at the Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Dr.

This meeting’s guest speaker will be candidates for office in the November election.

All retired public employees are invited to attend. For information, call 883-6334.

Douglas County

Douglas County debuts user-friendly Web site

Douglas County’s new Web address, http://www.douglascountynv.gov, is now available to the public. Visitors to the site can find a user-friendly home page layout.

Permit and other applications and information will be available for download.

For information, visit http://www.douglascountynv.gov.