Obit for Fred I. Lyell
September 26, 2002
Fred I. Lyell, 85, a Carson City resident for the past year, died Sept. 22, 2002, at Mountain View Care Center. He was born Feb. 26, 1917, in Oregon, to Joseph B. and Vera Pearson Lyell.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Silver Springs, moving from Winnemucca and Yerington.
Mr. Lyell worked as a brakeman in the railroad industry. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He was preceded in death by his second wife, Pat Roffy, third wife Cody Howard, brothers, Larry, Bob and Warren and sister, Estelle Hale.
Among his survivors are: his son, Les of Winnemucca; daughters Frances Sams of Silver Springs and Barbara Lee Russell and Vera Mae Paxton, both of Fort Worth, Texas; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
No service is scheduled.
Recommended Stories For You
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says