Obit for Vernal "Pete" Neudeck
May 10, 2002
Vernal “Pete” Neudeck, 82, died May 8, 2002, in Carson City. He was born Feb. 7, 1920, to Walter and Lydia Neudeck in Kearney, Mo.
After serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II, he settled in Bakersfield, Calif., in 1945 where he learned cabinetry from his brother Lloyd.
In 1956, he moved to Al Tahoe, Calif., where he owned and operated Neudeck Mill and Cabinet Shop. In 1967, he moved to Napa Valley, Calif., where he worked in maintenance and cabinetry at St. Helena Hospital and Sanitarium. In 1981, he retired and returned to the Carson Valley. He was affiliated with the South Lake Tahoe Seventh Day Adventist Church.
He was preceded in death by his wife Mildred.
Among his survivors are his daughters JuDee Craig of Minden, Carolyn Cape of Cornelius, Ore., and Elaine Neudeck of Angwin, Calif.; sons-in-law Darrell Craig, Quinn Cape and grandchildren William and Anna Cape.
A private family celebration of his life will be held.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand