Obit Mildred Ruth Combs Caldwell
September 18, 2002
A service for Mildred Ruth Combs Caldwell, 82, a Livermore, Calif. resident for the past year, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Callaghan Mortuary in Livermore.
Mrs. Caldwell died of cancer Sept. 7, 2002, at her home. She was born Jan. 24, 1920, in Parma Idaho.
Before moving to Livermore, she lived in Carson City for 22 years.
Mrs. Caldwell was an assembler for GTE Lenkurt for 15 years, retiring in 1980. She enjoyed creative sewing, crossword puzzles, watching Giants’ baseball and walking.
Among her survivors are her daughter Glenda Patterson of Hayward, Calif.; sons Richard Atkins of Dublin, Calif. and Ron Atkins of Hawaii; daughter-in-law Jan Atkins of Dublin; eight grandchildren; six great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hope Hospice, 6500 Dublin Blvd., Ste. 100, Dublin, CA 94568; the American Cancer Society, 7000 Village Parkway, Suite E, Dublin, CA 94568 or to Shepherd’s Gate, 1639 Portola Ave., Livermore, CA 84550.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand