Obituaries: James M. "Red" Walsh
May 29, 2002
A memorial service with family and friends of James M. “Red” Walsh, 78, a Carson City resident for the past 20 years, will be at 11 a.m. Sunday at Dawn and Keith McGill’s residence, 626 Roundup Road, Carson City.
Mr. Walsh died May 24, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born April 4, 1924, in California, to Joseph and Anita Brandlin Walsh.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Chico, Calif. where he owned a pizza parlor for many years. He had also worked for the phone company. He operated the Virginia Junction RV Storage in Mound House.
He was a past member E Clampus Vitus, Pair-O-Dice Chapter 711 in Paradise, Calif.; a past member of the BPOE and a member of the Sons of Erin of Northern Nevada. He enjoyed playing Keno machines at his favorite casino, woodworking, making Rock-O-Critters and large wood toys and taking care of his yard and pets.
He was preceded in death by his wife Norma Grace in 2000; son Patrick in 2001 and brothers Jeff, Ed and Phillip.
Among his survivors are his stepdaughter Sue Laird of California; son Tim of Folsom, Calif. and Casey of California; stepson Robert Nissen of Paradise, Calif.; three grandchildren; one great-grandchild and numerous nieces and nephews.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Fitzhenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature