Obituaries: Opal Lena Hannah
May 14, 2002
A service for Opal Lena Hannah, 97, a Minden resident for the past eight years, will be at 1 p.m. today at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mrs. Hannah died May 12, 2002 at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. She was born Aug. 20, 1904, in Cadman Corner, New Brunswick, to Fred and Elizabeth Laurel Cadman Walton.
She attended high school, business college and received nurses training.
She married Harvey Hannah on Nov. 15, 1925, in Prince Albert Saskatchewan.
Before moving to Minden, she lived in Sacramento.
Mrs. Hannah worked in hospitals as a licensed practical nurse.
Recommended Stories For You
She was preceded in death by her husband and daughter Carroll Hannah.
Among her survivors are her son and daughter-in-law Vern and Alta Mae Hannah of Calgary; daughters and sons-in-law Gail and Roger Hipple of Minden and Joan and Bruce Patterson of Sacramento; 23 grandchildren; 45 great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature