Obituary: Alfred James Adams
July 10, 2002
Graveside services with full military honors for Alfred James Adams, 84, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Sierra Memorial Park in Reno.
Mr. Adams died July 8, 2002 at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born March 30, 1918 in Lake City, Ark., to Lonnie B. and Maude E. Bennette Adams.
He attended high school in Arkansas.
Prior to living in Carson City he lived in California.
Mr. Adams was an ordnance packer at Travis Air Force Base in Travis, Calif., and served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
He was a Baptist.
Recommended Stories For You
He was preceded in death by his wife Myrtle E. Castoe who died in 1993 in Carson City.
Among his survivors are his sisters Minnie Opal Perry of Texas and Edna L. Wilson of Arkansas; and several nieces and nephews.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature