Obituary Andrew Jackson McCullar
March 23, 2002
Andrew Jackson McCullar, 84, a three-year resident of Carson City, died March 21, 2002, at the Carson Convalescent Center.
He was born May 22, 1917 to Robert Tillman and Della Kimbrow McCullar in Oklahoma.
Prior to living in Carson City he lived in Modesto, Calif. He was a retired vulcanizer and he served in the U.S. Army.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Althea Mae on June 25, 1993; brothers Archie and Virgil; sisters Pearl Collins and Callie Hartless; a grandson Russell Andrew Jones and a granddaughter Debra Lynn Burkes.
He is survived by his daughters Janie Jackson of Dayton, Theda Mae Jones and Jacqueline Lee Carpenter both of Modesto; a brother Grover of Shawnee, Okla.; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed