Obituary: Anne H. Smith
August 21, 2002
Anne H. Smith, 77, a Carson City resident, died Aug. 6, 2002, in Carson City, of pneumonia. She was born Feb. 23, 1925, in Chicago, Ill., to Conrad M. and Gunhild J. Jacobsen Haaland.
She grew up in Minnesota and attended New London High School in Minnesota.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in Kenwood, Calif.
Mrs. Smith worked as a retail clerk. She was a member of the American Legion Auxiliary-Theodore Roosevelt in Santa Rosa, Calif., and the Sons of Norway. She was a Lutheran.
She was preceded in death by her sister Mary McClure in 1983 and her husband Robert D. Smith July 18, 2002.
Among her survivors are her brothers Conrad Haaland of Tennessee and John David Haaland of Florida; daughters Carol Birchill of Carson City and Patricia Smith of Pinckney, Mich.; sons Robert D. of San Mateo, Calif., and Roger K. of Burbank, Calif., and grandchildren Haaland and Joseph Birchill and Shafer Smith, of San Mateo.
Recommended Stories For You
A private service was held.
Burial was at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary’s Foundation Hospice Fund, 520 W. Sixth St., Reno, NV 89503 or to the American Youth Foundation, 2331 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63139.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’