Obituary: Arthur George Sr.
June 12, 2002
A funeral for Arthur George Sr., 61, of Gardnerville, and a lifetime resident of Nevada, will be at 2 p.m. today at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Visitation will be from noon-2 p.m. today at FitzHenry’s.
Mr. George died June 7, 2002, in Carson City. He was born April 1, 1941, in Nevada to Onie George.
Mr. George enjoyed hunting, fishing and playing basketball. He enjoyed studying and teaching the ways of the Washoe people.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Ronald James, in 1995.
Among his survivors are his former wife Angie Smokey-George of Arizona; son Arthur Jr. of Gardnerville; daughters Joreen A. George of Gardnerville, Jereesa Lewis of Carson City, and Twila Murphy and Tashina Murphy, both of Schurz; sisters Priscilla McKay of Santa Rosa, Calif., Sandra George of San Francisco and Rosilee King of South Dakota and 11 grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at the Stewart Cemetery.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’