Obituary: Arthur Logan Merriwether
November 27, 2002
Arthur Logan Merriwether, 94, died Nov. 25, 2002, at the South Lyon Medical Center in Yerington.
A private family service was held.
He was born Nov. 30, 1907, in Eldred, Ill., to Alvin and Agnes Merriwether.
In 1948, he and his family moved to Yerington, where he had a small ranch. He worked as a real estate salesman and broker in Blythe, Calif. In 1958, he moved back to Yerington and worked with the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office there and in Fernley.
In 1973, he was elected justice of the peace for the Yerington township. He lived a short time in Carson City after retirement then moved back to Yerington in 1995. He loved to visit with people, made many friends, and was especially fond of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Among his survivors are his daughters Alma Cunningham of Carson City and Alyce of Yerington; sons Logan and Garrett; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Donations may be made in Mr. Merriwether’s name to SLMC Long Term Care, Box 940, Yerington, 89447.
Gerald Hitchcock, funeral director for Freitas Rupracht Funeral Home, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’