Obituary: Barbara J. Hawkins
April 27, 2002
A graveside service will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Genoa Cemetery for Barbara J. Hawkins of Carson City. She died April 23, 2002, at the age of 68.
Mrs. Hawkins was born Dec. 25. 1933, in Yakima, Wash., to Wilton and Evelyn Slora Renehan. She was a 34-year resident of Carson City, coming from Los Angeles.
Mrs. Hawkins was active in numerous charitable and volunteer organizations and a hospice volunteer.
She is survived by her daughter Nancy Graham of Carson City, stepsons Jerry Hawkins of Minden and Butch Hawkins of Carson City, six grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
A gathering of friends and family will follow the service.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says