Obituary: Barbara Jean McPherson
November 9, 2002
A funeral for Barbara Jean McPherson, 71, a Dayton resident for the past 13 years, will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at FitzHenry’s.
She died Nov. 6, 2002, at her home. She was born Oct. 12, 1931, in Gary, Ind., to Fred and Pansy Antle Hayden.
She attended Emerson High School in Gary, graduating in 1949.
She met J.L. “Mac” McPherson in Gary in 1947. They married in 1949 in Central City, Ky.
Before moving to Dayton, she lived in Alameda, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
She was a dog groomer for 22 years. She was an accomplished artist even though she was blind. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Virginia City.
Among her survivors are her husband of Dayton; sons John and William of San Leandro, Calif., and David of Fallon; daughter, Bonnie Sgambati of Dayton; brother, William “Bud” Hayden of Cedar Lake, Ind.; seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Burial will be at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature