Obituary: Barbara S. Housel
May 17, 2002
A memorial service for Barbara S. Housel, 58, a Dayton resident for the past 19 years, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Mrs. Housel died May 15, 2002, in Carson City. She was born Sept. 28, 1943, in Omaha, Neb., to Robert and Lucille Anderson Reed.
She graduated from Iowa Western College of Nursing.
Before moving to Dayton, she lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Mrs. Housel worked at the Nevada State Prison for 15 years as a nurse. She loved camping, outdoors and reading.
Among her survivors are her husband Dale and mother Lucille Anderson Scheef, both of Dayton; sons Thomas Hanke of Gardnerville, Benjamin of Reno and Clinton of Fort Benning, Ga.; daughters Pamela Wines of Phoenix, Ariz., and Tammara Hanks of Carson City; brother William Zubon of Dayton; sister Joan Jorgenson of Yuma, Ariz.; six grandchildren; one nephew and one niece.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Carson-Tahoe Cancer Resource Center, P.O. Box 2168, Carson City NV 89702 or to a favorite charity.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy