Obituary: Barbara V. Miller
May 29, 2002
Barbara V. Miller, 89, a Carson City resident, died May 23, 2002, at her home. She was born Nov. 30, 1912, in Dallas, Ore., to William and LaVena McQueen.
She married M.D. Miller in McMinnville, Ore., Oct. 15, 1933 and they were married for 63 years. He preceded her in death.
Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and a member of the FOE and OES. Her family, the Oregon Trail Frizzells, came to Oregon in 1852.
Among her survivors are her children Joan Marie Miller Swearingen Faucett, a former Gardnerville resident and Jerry D. Miller and Sharon L. Miller Burnett, both former Carson City residents; 11 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
A private viewing will be from 5-8 p.m. Thursday at Waltons Chapel of the Valley.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’