Obituary: Baxter Phillip Cooper
July 12, 2002
A memorial service for Baxter Phillip Cooper, 64, a Topaz Ranch Estates resident for the past eight years, will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mr. Cooper died July 11, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital. He was born Jan. 1, 1938, in Phoenix, Ariz., to Alfred B. and Eva Ethel Bryant Cooper.
Before moving to Topaz Ranch Estates, he lived in Beaumont, Calif.
Mr. Cooper was a member of the Teamsters Union for 35 years and drove a truck for Sysco Food Services for 35 years in Los Angeles. He loved fishing on the Walker River, restoring cars, off-road driving and the Denver Broncos. He was a Protestant.
Among his survivors are his wife of 45 years Katherine of Topaz Ranch Estates; sons Michael P. of Beaumont and Dennis P. of Lakewood, Calif.; daughters Diana Kay Hooper of Reno; brother R.B. of Wellington; sister Billie Cooper of Riverside, Calif.; grandchildren Andrew P. Cooper of Houston, Texas, Michael Lyn Cooper of Fort Hood, Texas, Candice Cooper of Long Beach, Calif., Jacinda Dennick and Randy Purcell, both of Cypress, Calif. and Leah Williams of Beaumont and great-grandsons Solen Dennick of Cypress and Quinton Cooper of Long Beach, Calif.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society or the American Heart Association.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’