Obituary: Beverly Wilke
November 23, 2002
A memorial service for Beverly Wilke, 62, a Tallahassee, Fla., resident for the past 10 years and former 30-year Carson City resident, will be at 6 p.m. today at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Mrs. Wilke died Oct. 23, 2002, in Tallahassee. She was born May 20, 1940, in Baltimore, Md., to Walter and Anne Brodeur Kurk.
She was a Victim’s Rights Advocate for the state of Nevada. She was an active member of the Democratic Party in Nevada and a political activist.
She was preceded in death by her son, Kyle, in 1992.
Among her survivors are her daughter, Stacie, and granddaughters Athena and Alexandria Wilke, all of Carson City.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy