Obituary Bill Hone
March 22, 2002
A funeral for Bill Hone, 76, a Silver Springs resident for the past four years, will be at 1 p.m. Monday at O’Brien-Rogers & Crosby Funeral Home.
Visitation is from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday at O’Brien-Rogers & Crosby
A vigil will be at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Silver Springs Christian Center.
Mr. Hone died March 19, 2002, in Silver Springs. He was born Dec. 21, 1925, in Salt lake City to Jessie and Myrthal Nebecker Hone.
Before moving to Silver Springs, he lived in Reno.
Mr. Hone worked for the VA Medical Center for 30 years as a cook. He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. He volunteered at the Silver Springs Senior Center helping in anyway he could. He built the third house in Lemmon Valley in 1960.
Recommended Stories For You
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II from 1944-47.
Among his survivors are his wife Karen; children Tim, Kathy, Bill, Bob, Steven William, Georgia, Julie, Ginger, Alvin, Beth, Chris and Teresa; 10 grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren and a sister Joyce.
O’Brien-Rogers & Crosby is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand