Obituary: Burnell Larson
May 15, 2002
Burnell Larson, 88, a longtime Nevada and Carson City resident, died May 9, 2002, at his home after a brief illness. He was born Feb. 27, 1914, in Havre, Mont., and moved to Nevada with his family in 1936.
He began a teaching career in Battle Mountain and Gardnerville and was superintendent of schools in Humboldt and Elko counties. He retired from his position as superintendent of public instruction for the state of Nevada in 1972.
Among his survivors are his wife of 59 years, Peggy; children Cole Larson and Linda Hardy of Gardnerville and Laurie Larson Olson of Bellevue, Wash.
No service is planned.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Funeral Home and Crematory.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature