Obituary: Calvin E. Harding
November 6, 2002
Calvin E. Harding, a Silver Springs resident for the past five years, died Nov. 4, 2002 at his home.
He was born Jan. 17, 1929 in Endicott, N.Y. He was 73.
Mr. Calvin was an avid dart player, loved to fish, read and enjoyed prospecting for gold.
He served in the U.S. Air Force for 20 years as a military police officer.
Prior to living in Silver Springs, he lived in Michigan.
He was a member of the American Legion Post 6254 in Mikado, Mich., and a member of the VFW Post No. 8135 in Barton City, Mich., and a member of the Gold Prospectors Association of America.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are: wife Patricia of Silver Springs; sons Bruce Buttz of Stagecoach and Allan Buttz of Portland, Ore.; daughters Cynthia Brewer of Dayton and Linda Ruybal of Fernley; 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren
Private services will be held at a later date.
Inurnment will be at the Northern Nevada Veterans Cemetery in Fernley.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’