Obituary: Carl Robert Stewart
October 4, 2002
Carl Robert Stewart, 83, a Carson City resident for the past 33 years, died Oct. 2, 2002, in Reno. He was born Feb. 14, 1919, in Hugo, Okla.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Klamath, Calif. and Crescent City, Calif.
Mr. Stewart was the former owner of Stewart’s Cork and Bottle in Carson City.
He was a member of Carson Valley Lodge 33, F&AM of Gardnerville, the Scottish Rite of Reno, the Kerak Temple of Reno and the Order of Eastern Star, Esther Chapter of Carson City.
He was preceded in death by his sons, Harold William and Roger Kendall.
Among his survivors are his wife of 55 years, Ada, of Carson City; son and daughter-in-law Robert and Elizabeth of Fallon; brother Raymond of Sun Lake, Ariz.; three grandchildren Robert Jr. Michael and Tracy and three great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
A memorial service will be at a later date.
Cremation will be at Walton’s Sierra Crematory.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit