Obituary: Charles Robert ‘Bob’ Davenport
April 23, 2002
A funeral Mass for Charles Robert “Bob” Davenport, 78, a lifetime Carson City resident, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
A Rosary will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
Mr. Davenport died April 19, 2002, at his home. He was born Sept. 26, 1923, in Carson City, to Charles and Pauline Jablonsky Davenport.
He worked as the clerk for the Nevada Supreme Court for 30 years before retiring. He was also an instructor for the Carson City Junior Ski Program for many years. He painted, loved to read and most enjoyed watching his grrandchildren participate in their sports events. He was a Catholic and a member of St. Teresa of Avila.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Among his survivors are his daughter Stephanie Phenix and grandchildren Erin and Casey Phenix, all of Reno.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial contributions may be made in his honor to St. Teresa Catholic Church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane, Carson City 89706.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand