Obituary: Charlotte Martha Law
April 11, 2002
A memorial service for Charlotte Martha Law, 93, a Carson City resident for the past 13 years, will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the First Presbyterian Church.
Mrs. Law died April 9, 2002, at Evergreen in Carson City. She was born July 24, 1908, to Alfred and Martha Hoppe Waring in Germany. The family came to the United States in 1911.
She was raised and schooled in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
She married Bart Blesh in 1928. He died and she married John S. “Steve” Law in 1955, and they lived in Hesperia, Calif., Lake Tahoe and spent several years in Bishop. They moved to Gardnerville in 1976. After he died in 1988, she moved to Carson City.
Mrs. Law worked for Continental Telephone Co. for many years. She was a member of the Eastern Star, Towns Country Homemakers group in Gardnerville and the First Presbyterian Church of Carson City. She enjoyed playing cards, crewel embroidery and entertaining friends.
In addition to her husbands, she was preceded in death by two brothers.
Recommended Stories For You
Among her survivors are a niece Dixie Bergmaier of Abilene, Kan., two cousins and many friends.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’