Obituary: Charlotte Randolph Wilson
June 1, 2002
A memorial service for Charlotte Randolph Wilson, 56, a retired investigator for the state welfare department, will be 2 p.m. Thursday at First United Methodist Church in Carson City.
Wilson died May 24, 2002, at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Born June 22, 1945 in Winslow, Ariz., to Elmer and Betty Randolph, Wilson moved to Las Vegas in 1970 where she worked for Clark County. She went to work for the state Nov. 10, 1980.
She lived in Sparks and worked out of the Carson City office in the early 1980s.
Her long state service was recognized by a proclamation signed by Gov. Kenny Guinn on April 17, 2002 declaring May 31 a day in her honor.
Mrs. Wilson was preceded in death by her father and a sister.
Recommended Stories For You
She is survived by her sons, R.E. “Bud” O’Dell of Ely, Roy Plumlee of Las Vegas, Larry Plumlee of Carson City, Gary Plumlee of Boise, Idaho, and Graham of Winnemucca; daughters, Lasca Holcombe of Chicago and Tanna of Las Vegas; mother, Betty Devereaux of Las Vegas; sisters, Betty Payne of Carson City, Clara Oldfield of Los Lunas, N.M., Judy Karr of Reno, Sandy Askin and Peggy Owen, both of Las Vegas, Leslie Robledo of Hotevilla, Ariz., and Beverly Nelson of Tempe, Ariz.; brothers, Elmer Randolph of Claypool, Ariz., and Tim Randolph of Flagstaff, Ariz.; and six grandchildren.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’