Obituary: Claude G. Humphrey
May 14, 2002
A memorial service for Claude G. Humphrey, 95, a Knoxville, Iowa, resident, was held Monday at Merle Hay Funeral Home in Des Moines, Iowa.
Mr. Humphrey died May 10, 2002, at Knoxville Community Hospital. He was born in Altoona, Iowa.
He lived most of his life in the Knoxville area and spent the last few years in Carson City.
He graduated from Wesleyan College in 1931.
Mr. Humphrey was a teacher, worked for the Railway Express and worked in the Veterans Administration’s manual arts department. He was a member of the American Legion. He enjoyed trapping, fishing and gun smithing.
Among his survivors are his sons Robert and David of Des Moines; daughter Sharon Ethell of Knoxville; brother Lester of Tipton, Iowa; sisters Christina Quick of Tucson, Ariz. and Frances Umberger of Green Valley; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
His remains will be buried in Nevada.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Lung Association.
Merle Hay Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature