Obituary Clyde R. Linthicum
October 10, 2002
Mr. Linthicum died Oct. 4, 2002, in Sparks. He was born Oct. 26, 1912, in Tonganoxie, Kan., to Oliver and Jo Garnet Linthicum.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Colorado Springs, Colo., and Albuquerque, N.M.
Mr. Linthicum worked in meat shops in his school days. After graduation from high school, he was employed by Swift and Co. as a large meat packer. During World War II, he was employed by the government as a meat-rations inspector in New Mexico. After the war he was employed by Glover Packing Co. in Roswell, N.M.
He began working for the State of Nevada in 1972 as a meat inspector. When the meat program was deleted, he transferred to other state departments in Carson City. He retired June 1, 1997.
Inurnment will be at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’