Obituary: Donald Earl Sonnenwald
May 15, 2002
A memorial service for Donald Earl Sonnenwald, 68, a Gardnerville resident for the past four years, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Carson Valley Church of the Nazarene, 1788 Pinenut Road, Gardnerville.
Mr. Sonnenwald died May 10, 2002 at his home. He was born July 24, 1933, in Cleveland, Ohio, to Edward and Gisela Ritenbach Sonnenwald. He grew up in North Royalton, Ohio, and attended high school at Van Nuys Adult School in California.
He married Lois Roeper in 1953.
Before moving to Gardnerville, he lived in Pilot Hill, Calif., for 13 years and California’s San Fernando Valley for 23 years.
Mr. Sonnenwald worked for the County of Sacramento for 10 years, retiring in 1995.
Among his survivors are his wife of Gardnerville; son Wayne of Campo, Calif.; daughter Cindy Anderson of Chino, Calif.; grandchildren Shauna Sonnenwald, Elizabeth Sonnenwald, Timothy Anderson and Bethany Anderson and brother Raymond of North Royalton.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 1535, Gardnerville, NV 89410.
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home, Gardnerville, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature