Obituary Donald George Allen, Jr.
April 1, 2002
Donald George Allen, Jr. , age 76, a long-time Dayton-area resident, passed away on March 30, 2002 in Carson City, where lived for the past five years.
He was born in Portland, Ore. to Donald G. Allen Sr. and Carrie Lorie Landis.
Allen was the area manager for the Hyster Company, where he worked for 28 years. In 1970 he moved to Dayton, Nev., where he worked as a cattle rancher.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Allen was a member of the Masonic Lodge for many years and was a life member of the National Rifle Association. He enjoyed shooting sports, such as trap shooting and hunting. He also enjoyed working with his hands doing leather work, building things and was a master machinist.
He was preceded in death by his beloved wife, June, in 2000. Survivors include his only son, Timothy P. Allen and wife, Bonnie, from Peoria, Ill. and one grandson, Corey P. Allen.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial services will be held on Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the Walton’s Chapel of the Valley. Inurnment will follow with military honors in the Dayton Cemetery.
Arrangements are being done by Capital City Cremation and Burial Society.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing