Obituary: Dorothy K. Ignatich
June 11, 2002
A funeral for Dorothy K. Ignatich, 95, a Dayton resident for the past 20 years, will be at noon Thursday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m.-noon Thursday at FitzHenry’s.
Mrs. Ignatich died June 7, 2002, in Carson City. She was born Aug. 20, 1906, in Bileca, Hercegovina, to John and Mara Jumbota Kesel.
Before moving to Dayton, she lived in Chicago.
Mrs. Ignatich retired from Sarah Lee where she was in charge of accounts payable. She was a member of St. Steven Decani, the Circle of Serbian Sisters and a contributing editor to Serb World Magazine. She was Serbian Eastern Orthodox.
Among her survivors are her sons Stephen of Mound House and Jerold of Silver Springs; daughter Mary Holm of Volo, Ill.; five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at the Dayton Cemetery.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’