Obituary: Edith A. Mowrey
December 27, 2002
Edith A. Mowrey, 92, a Gardnerville resident for the past 17 years, died Dec. 18, 2002, at Carson-Tahoe Hospital of pneumonia. She was born June 15, 1910, in Washington, N.J., to Abram N. and Bella Skinner Groff.
No services will be held.
Mrs. Mowrey was a homemaker. She was a Jehovah’s Witness.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Kirk Mowrey Sr., in 1982, three brothers and two sisters.
Among her survivors are her son, Kirk Jr. of Washington; daughter, Shirley Johns; and granddaughters Linda Swift of Washington and Cheri Blackford and Bobbie Garden of Gardnerville; great grandsons Jared, Seth and Tyler Blackford, all of Gardnerville, and Brandon Garden and Bradley and Kyle Swift of Washington; great-granddaughter Ashley Blackford; and four great-great-granddaughters of Gardnerville.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’