Obituary: Edna E. Southard
November 28, 2002
Graveside services for Edna E. Southard, 83, a Carson City resident since 1978, will be at noon Monday at Lone Mountain Cemetery in Carson City.
Viewing will be from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City.
Mrs. Southard died Nov. 26, 2002, in Carson City. She was born May 6, 1919, in Avon, S.D., where she spent her early life, graduating from Avon High School and attending Sioux Falls Beauty School.
She moved to California in 1945, and married Everette L. Southard on Feb. 1, 1947, in Oakland, Calif. She lived in Castro Valley, Calif., from 1955 to 1977, then moved to Carson City.
Mrs. Southard was a charter member of the Carson City Road Runners RV Club and loved to dine out and play slots.
Among her survivors are her husband Everette L. Southard of Carson City; son Morris W. Southard and his wife Donna, of Newark, Calif.; daughter Sharon Meyen and her husband Rainer of Germany; and four grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley in Carson City is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit