Obituary Edward J. Schiffler
March 28, 2002
Retired Army Maj. Edward J. Schiffler died March 24, 2002, in his home near Minden. He was 89.
Mr. Schiffler had received care from St. Mary’s Hospice nurses since mid-February. He had lived in the Johnson Lane area since 1990. He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean and Vietnam wars.
During his 25-year career in the military, he also served in Panama, Puerto Rico, Korea, Japan, worked at the American legation in Budapest, Hungary, and traveled extensively throughout Europe.
In his civilian life, Mr. Schiffler worked as an Army recruiter and later with the Wauwatosa Police Department in a suburb of Milwaukee, Wis.
He was born July 6, 1912, in Milwaukee.
A private service will be held. Burial will be in Arlington National Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
He was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth, and daughter, Diane Meyer.
Among his survivors are his daughter and son-in-law Carol and Ed Vogel of Minden; sister Virginia Ulma of Milwaukee and grandchildren David Boyer of Sparks, Powell Boyer of Turin, Italy, James Meyer of Orem, Utah and David Meyer of Middleton, Wis.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’