Obituary: Edward S. Smith
June 4, 2002
Edward S. Smith, 66, a Carson City resident for the past 33 years, died May 30, 2002 in Carson City. He was born July 31, 1935, in New York, to Floyd and Avis Slade Smith.
He married Carol Dill Feb. 1, 1957, in San Diego, Calif.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Florida.
Mr. Smith worked Keno at the Ormsby House and the Carson Station. He was past president of Babe Ruth and he was an umpire for Little League, both in Carson City.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Among his survivors are his wife Carol of Carson City; daughter Karen Dyer of Sparks; sons Jeff of Kendrick, Idaho, and Scott of Richland, Wash., and 14 grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
No service is scheduled.
Memorial contributions may be made to Carson Advocates for Cancer Care, P.O. Box 3127, Carson City 89702.
Capitol City Cremation & Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand