Obituary Esther M. Countis
March 15, 2002
A Rosary for Esther M. Countis, 79, a Carson City resident for the past 20 years, will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday with a funeral Mass to follow at 10:45 a.m. at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
Mrs. Countis died March 11, 2002, in Reno. She was born Sept. 20, 1922, in Webster, S.D., to Joseph and Verna Gonsoir.
She graduated from Webster High School in 1950 and attended business school in Chicago.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
She married Thomas Countis in Las Vegas.
Mrs. Countis served as treasurer for Countis Industries for more than 35 years and was a member of St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church.
Recommended Stories For You
She was preceded in death by her sister Philomena Miller, brother Stanley Gonsoir and sister Melvina Schneider.
Among her survivors are her husband of 52 years; daughters Donna Taylor of Oceanside, Calif., and Joyce Buck of Carson City; sons Tom of Nevada City, Calif., and Jim of Carson City; sisters Florence Voelker, Ann Grosek and Lorraine Block; brother Joe Gonsoir and grandchildren Sarah and Kyle Buck and Sierra, Michael and Alexia Countis.
Burial will be at 2:30 p.m. Monday at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Teresa of Avila, 3000 N. Lompa Lane, Carson City, NV 89706.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature