Obituary: Evelyn M. Nelson
May 16, 2002
Evelyn M. Nelson, 94, a Carson City resident for the past 18 years, died May 14, 2002, at Evergreen Health and Rehabilitation Center. She was born March 3, 1908, in San Jose, Calif. to John Smith.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in San Gabriel, Calif.
Mrs. Nelson retired as a registered nurse from the U.S. Army. She loved playing the organ, knitting and crafts. She was a Catholic.
She was preceded in death by her son John E. Loomis.
Among her survivors are her daughter Rhoba Rogacs of Dayton; four grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
No service will be held.
Recommended Stories For You
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says