Obituary: Flora K. Wennhold
November 14, 2002
A funeral for Flora K. Wennhold, 93, will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Genoa Community Church.
A viewing will be from noon to 5 p.m. Friday at Walton’s Douglas County Mortuary in Minden.
She died Nov. 12, 2002, in Carson City. She was born July 29, 1909, in Genoa and had been a lifetime resident of the Carson Valley and Antelope Valley.
She operated a sheep ranch in Coleville during the 1930s and 1940s with her husband, Edmond Powell. She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Women’s Auxiliary of Minden and the Order of Eastern Star of Gardnerville.
She was preceded in death by her husbands Edmond Powell and Walter “Yip” Wennhold, a baby son, daughters Patricia Jensen and Peggy Gilbert and grandson Rory Jensen.
Among her survivors are older brother, Elmer Woolverton of Fallon; grandchildren Mike Gilbert of Minden, Paul Gilbert of Gardnerville; Rocky Gilbert of Mesa, Ariz., Rick Jensen of Fresno, Calif., and Becky Jensen of Maryland; and numerous great grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Recommended Stories For You
Burial will be at the Genoa Cemetery.
Walton’s Douglas County Mortuary is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand