Obituary: Florence Canton
November 21, 2002
A graveside service for Florence Canton, 81, a Carson City resident for the past 26 years, will be at 3 p.m. Friday in Lafayette, Calif.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to noon today at Walton’s Chapel of the Valley.
She died Nov. 19, 2002, in Carson City. She was born Jan. 12, 1921, in Morgan Hill, Calif., to Vito and Rose Tignanelli Pileggi.
She attended high school in Morgan Hill.
She married Trancuilo Canton June 14, 1943. He preceded her in death Oct. 27, 1998, in Carson City.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived in Lafayette for 25 years.
Recommended Stories For You
She was a hairdresser. She was a member of the Catholic Church and she loved to play slot machines.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by daughter, Debbie Jean Canton.
Among her survivors are: nieces and husbands Florence Rose and Barry Bradley of Carson City; Michelle and Paul Bellantoni of Cologne, Germany; and niece Carol Pileggi of San Francisco.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says