Obituary: Florence J. Martin
September 5, 2002
Before moving to Carson City she lived in Napa, Calif.
Mrs. Martin worked as administrative secretary for the Solano-Napa County Health Department for 23 years. She was the first woman to preside over the United Crusade in Solano-Napa County. She was very involved in civil defense programs. She enjoyed gardening.
Among her survivors are her daughter and son-in-law Joan and Armando Vazquez of Carson City; daughter Julia Parker of Tahoe City; sister Vesta Berger of Suisson, Calif., and grandson Thomas Washington Jr. of San Diego, Calif.
At her request, no service will be held.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the National Parkinson Foundation Inc., Development Department, 1501 N.W. 9th Ave., Miami, FL 33136-1494.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature