Obituary for Bette Lou Cossette
October 23, 2002
Bette Lou Cossette, 76, a Carson City resident for the past 15 years, died Oct. 16, 2002, at Washoe Medical Center. She was born May 9, 1926, in Marshalltown, Iowa, to Charles and Louisa Hollom.
Before moving to Carson City, she lived at South Lake Tahoe.
Mrs. Cossette worked as a waitress at Harrah’s Club Lake Tahoe in the South Shore Room for 30 years.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Raymond Cecil.
Among her survivors are her son and daughter-in-law Blaine and Sue Hansen of Minden; daughters and sons-in-law Lynn and Barry Oaks of Woodbridge, Calif. and Kimberly and Dennis Long of Gardnerville and daughter Michelle Cossette of Carson City; grandchildren Kevin, Shawn, Anna, Erik, Landrin, Kenzy, Danny and Kelli and great-grandchildren Shawn Jr., Bradley and Taylor.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Carson Valley Funeral Home in Gardnerville, is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand