Obituary for David John Eger
October 23, 2002
David John Eger, 75, a Carson City resident for the past 26 years, died Oct. 20, 2002, in Carson City. He was born April 18, 1927, in Altoona, Pa., to Marie Mathews.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in San Francisco.
Mr. Eger was a steel worker.
He served in the U.S. Marines and Navy during World War II.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Among his survivors are his daughters Janet Tyzbir and Kathryn Eger, both of Carson City and Sharon Eger of Pennsylvania; sister Geraldine Pierce of Washington and seven grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
At his request no service will be held.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Inurnment will be at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature