Obituary for Dolly M. Leigh
November 5, 2002
A funeral for Dolly M. Leigh, 95, a Mason Valley resident for the past 52 years, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Mason Road, Yerington.
She died Nov. 1, 2002, at the Mountain View Care Center. She was born June 21, 1907, in Russia, to Victor and Sonia Heappner. She left Russia with her family in 1918, and they settled in San Francisco.
She worked as a nurse’s aide during World War I. She moved to the Gardnerville area in 1939 and later to the Yerington area where she farmed.
Among her survivors are: son Mel Matlean of Carson City; six grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Burial will be at Valley View Cemetery.
Freitas Rupracht Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’