Obituary for Donavon Gene Cutshaw
October 15, 2002
A graveside service for Donavon Gene Cutshaw, 75, a Carson City resident, will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley with full military honors by War Veterans Memorial Association of Reno.
Mr. Cutshaw died Oct. 12, 2002, in Sparks. He was born Oct. 28, 1926, in Woodward, Okla., to Elick and Doris Mary Barnett Cutshaw.
He attended school in California.
He married Joyce Hogue Oct. 15, 1951, in Las Vegas.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Reedley, Calif.
Mr. Cutshaw was a security guard for a manufacturing company. He was a member of the Nazarene Church.
Recommended Stories For You
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II
Among his survivors are his wife, Joyce of Carson City; children, Howard D. of Gardnerville, Michael Lee of Farmington, N.M. and Donna Ezekiel of Minden; brothers Elbert and Robert of California; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature